Monday, April 13, 2009

A Hallie Kate Post~

I mentioned recently that I was going to do a Hallie post soon. Sooo here's the Hallie post.
The picture above was so funny. We got these hats for the  girls to protect them from the sun (it ended up being rainy and we never saw the sun:)) when we went to the beach. Hallie tried hers on one evening while watching a movie and didn't want to take it off. So, she sat there with her blanket, pj's and hat watching the movie. Micah and I thought it was pretty cute. :) Below is Heidi watching the movie. I have two thumb suckers. Not sure how to break that habit since I can't take their thumbs away. 
Okay, so now about Hallie Kate. These are just a few things she did all within a one month time period that I thought were worth posting about. She is such a... hmm... monkey? :)
First, one day she went into the bathroom and took all the nail polish out. She is fascinated with all the little glass bottles that come in lots of different colors. I found her by her pretend kitchen "cooking" with all the polish bottles. I told her those weren't to play with so she had to go put them up. She was obeying, but she went to the bathroom and socked them with this huge throw into the bathroom (tile floors)... polish busted everywhere, on the rugs, all over the tile, in the grout, on the shower door on their little potty in all the little cracks of it... Ugh! It took forever to clean it up. I think when I was done I was high from all the polish remover. That stuff is so strong. I couldn't really get too upset with her since she was obeying. She has a really strong throw too. :) I did take time to explain the difference between throwing toys and polish.
A week or two later I was in the kitchen washing chicken (YUCK, I always have to try not to gag doing this. I even by the boneless, skinless stuff, so gross, and no I'm not pregnant I just think its gross) for dinner. The girls were back playing in the room and all was quite... peace. I was really enjoying it. After a while I started getting worried about it, it was so nice however that I decided to finish the chicken first then go check on them. So I took my time, finished my chicken, bleached out the sink and counter top where the chicken had touched, washed my hands then went back to check on them. As I went into the room I saw Heidi sitting right outside her room casually talking to Hallie who I could hear was in Heidi's room. I walked in the room to see Hallie Kate sitting on Heidi's bed with the tube of tinkerbell pink toothpaste, her and Heidi's little toothbrushes, Micah's bottle of aftershave, and my deodorant. She had taken these things and squirted them all out (these previously almost full containers were all almost empty) all over Heidi's bed, on the comforter, sheets, all over the pillow, also on the walls and she was covered in pink and mint colored aftershave as well with chalky white deodorant chunks stuck and smeared everywhere. She was using the toothbrushes to spread it all into the bed.
I was TOTALLY shocked. I didn't know such cute little kids could think of something so horrible to do! I probably just stood there with my eyes popping out of my head and my mouth dropped open for a minute before I could even respond. Hallie sat there smiling at me, then realizing this wasn't a good thing started in with, "I sorry mommy, I sorry mommy, I sorry mommy" she does this every time she's done something rotten and right after that is usually "I happy now mommy" not sure how she thinks this will save her from a spanking, but she does.
Without saying anything I picked up Hallie, holding her as far out in front of me as possible since she was literally covered in this disgusting stuff and carried her to the bathroom. The combination of toothpaste and aftershave smells really bad. :) I stripped her down, stuck her in the shower then went to clean up the mess. Micah called about that time to tell me he was on his way home. He could tell by my voice something was wrong so I told him what happened. Later he told me he was laughing the whole time I was telling him. At the time I was close to tears so I told him it's a good thing I didn't know he was laughing. He was so sweet though and told me not to worry about it he would clean up the mess and take us out to dinner that night so I didn't have to finish making it. 
I went ahead and cleaned everything up, but took him up on the dinner option. The chicken finished cooking before we were finished so I put it into the fridge for another day.

A couple of days later Hallie busted yet another bottle of polish, this time on the dining room floor. This was while I was painting her toe nails. She felt very bad about it though. Her face looked very concerned as she started in right away with the "I sorry mommy, I sorry mommy, I happy now". :) 
Recently we came across a recipe for "Goo" or "White Mud" that I found to be perfect for Hallie. It's a cup of cornstarch and some water. She sat for a long time playing with it putting it all down her arms and squeezing it through her fingers. I think she was smiling the whole time she was playing with it. Heidi lasted a few minutes before she informed me it was gross and wanted to be cleaned up. :) 
Ahh, Our little Hallie Kate... what would we do without her. Life would be so boring. 

2 comments:

McLanger said...

I was laughing the whooooooole time! She is sooo cute and as annoying as those things are, I'm so glad you can keep your sense of humor and find it funny later. :-)
Your a fantastic Mom:-)

Unknown said...

This was great... it was fun laughing at the crazy things someone else's child does. :) She sounds like a sweet little handfull.