Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mema's 80th birthday party -part 2

Aunt Linda and I
Guests starting to arrive.
A full community center. So many people came to celebrate my Grandma! She is SUCH a special person and has touched so many lives. She is loved by many.
Uncle David and Aunt Donna's table.
Cousins and friends.
My cousin Ashley and her sweet family.
Cousin Stephanie and her daughter Shelby Ann.
Another cousin, Stephen.
The table in the back of the room.
Mary playing the piano with her brother Jonathan

Uncle David sharing stories about Mema.
Captivated audience. :)
Mom sharing funny stories.
More cousins, L to R: Stephanie, Stacy, Ashley (my cousin Matthew's wife), and Jason and his wife Lacey on the end. It was SO good to see all of them.
My Mom's Aunt Betty, a friend, and Aunt Crystal.
Sara and the cutest and smallest guest there, Suzzana Charity.
Mema, her brother and friends.
Gita and some of my cousins children, Brianna, David and Maritta.
Mema, her brother, her children and their spouses.
Gita and Brianna
Mom, Mema, Sara, Suzanna, Gita, and I
Mema, Mom, and Mom's cousin.
Stephanie and I. I loved getting to spend extra time with her, and get to know her family better!
Went bowling Saturday evening with my cousins. Stephen.
Timothy
Matthew and Ashley. Matthew and I have birthdays a few days apart. We spent lots of time playing together when we were little and always shared birthday parties!
Stephanie and her husband Buzz.
Buzz "trying" to help me out with a few pointers on bowling... it only helped temporarily. I did terrible! :) But had lots of fun spending time with my cousins.
Me and Daniel, who is awesome! :)
Me, Ashley, Matthew and Stephen. I have good looking cousins! :)
Daniel and his little brother Timothy.
Buzz and Stephanie and I. These have to be some of the sweetest people I know!
I absolutely LOVED getting to spend a night with Uncle Jimmy and Aunt Bonnie. I love my Uncle and Aunt! We had lots to talk about and catch up on.
And of course got to see one of my favorite people, Hannah. Unfortunately since I was only in FL 2 days I just got to hang out with her for a few hours before I left for the airport, but it was fun to catch up in person for a little while. Love you guys!!!
One thing I learned is 2 nights in FL is WAY too short. There were so many people and more family that I really wanted to see and wasn't able to. : / Hopefully next time.

Love you Mema, and hope you had an awesome birthday!! We sure enjoyed it! Looking forward to seeing you for Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

McLanger said...

aw...It looks like you had such a great time! Sometime we are gonna make it out to Texas to see all y'all. ;-) Makes me miss you guys:-)

Patrick and Hannah Walsh said...

Loved getting to see all your pics from your trip. Haven't been on blogs in forever, because we don't have the internet set up in the family room yet, so I was doing some catching up today!!