Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer 2010~ so far :)

I LOVE Summer! Its the most wonderful time of the year!! :) Here's some picture journaling of some of our latest activities.
This little monkey cake is what the girls picked out for Micah's birthday. :) They were very careful to pick out a "boy cake" not anything girly!
Heidi asked if she could take some pictures several evenings ago of Micah and I. She was so cute! And did a pretty good job too! Micah and I were impressed. :) Maybe we have a photographer in the making!! :) She even told us how to put our arms in one of the pictures. :)
Hallie has finally learned how to buckle herself in her carseat. This is a big accomplishment for her! She's very proud of herself, and it saves me so much time!! I love getting in the car to two buckled up girlies!! Neither of them can quite push their thumbs in hard enough to get them unbuckled, but I'm sure that will come in time.

We were so proud of Heidi's ballet accomplishments last month. She did an outstanding job on her ballet recital.
There were only these two girls in the class with her. She definitely had the "leader" role in the class so she had to know all of her moves perfectly, and she did!
Heidi with her cousin Morgan who also had a ballet recital that night in another class.
With the Welch cousins. SO CUTE!! :)

The girls have LOVED helping with the yard work.
And Six Flags!! We've had so much fun there this year. The girls are tall enough now to to several rides and they LOVE them! Hallie can't quite yet do all the roller coasters that Heidi can.
Pray for Heidi Summer. We've been dealing with lots of allergy issues with her all year. I hate seeing my energetic little girl feel bad so much. She's really been struggling. We've been dealing with asthma and an intense allergy related cough. We've taken her several times to the doctor, chiropractor, and consulted several nutritionists. So far we haven't found anything that helps consistently with the symptoms. We've worked on her diet as well, to make sure she's getting all of the things she needs and eliminate as much junk foods as possible. She's extra thin for her height as it is so I have to be very careful with her diet anyway. A lot of these issues are things I grew up having as well, but with some differences. She's currently on two inhailers and some other meds to try to get things under control again. We were at the hospital Monday doing blood work to run allergy tests. I'm hoping when the results come back from that we will be able to have some better direction. I don't like my little girl having to be on so many drugs, I'd rather be able to treat the problems naturally then have to treat the symptoms with all these drugs, but that's just where we are right now. Thankfully this is nothing contagious so it hasn't effected the health of any of the rest of us or people she's around. Micah and I are getting tired of dealing with the same problem over and over and feel like we can't ever make any progress. We're really praying that God will heal her or give us direction how we can work with it.



6 comments:

Patrick and Hannah Walsh said...

Such cute pictures. I cracked up laughing at the picture of Hallie helping Micah mow the lawn in her tutu!! :) Just too funny! Sorry poor Heidi is having so many allergy issues. That's no fun. Hope y'all can get something figured out for her soon.

Unknown said...

Sorry about Heidi... will definitely be praying you can get some help in that area.
Loved all your picture updates. The picture of you and Micah is so good... Love it. :) Your girls are growing up so much and they're absolutely adorable.

McLanger said...

Love the update! :-) All the pictures are sooo cute of the girls.
So sorry about Heidi. :-( I'll be praying for her, and that you might be able to find something to help her. It's not fun to watch your kiddos go through something like that.

McLanger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McLanger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Anders said...

Love seeing all the pictures...your girls are adorable. The one of Hallie in the tutu and rubber boots is so cute. :) I'll be praying you get help for Heidi soon.