Monday, August 25, 2008

drip, drop, pitter patter, splash'n, splish'n, rain

The other day after bike rides and decorating the driveway
with sidewalk chalk, the girls we so hot we decided to pull
out the sprinkler. Heidi was more interested in blowing
bubbles, but Hallie Kate really enjoyed the water. She kept
putting her mouth up to the sprinkler trying to drink the water.
My little Heidi Summer and her bubbles.
She stood there blowing bubbles for so long.
She also enjoyed chasing and popping them.
After I put the girls to bed we had a little storm
come through so when they got up from naps we
went outside again to check out all the puddles.
They both really love splashing in puddles.
They always know where the low spots are in the
driveway that will collect the most water.
Looking for treasures.
She's showing me the flower she found in the puddle.
A soaking wet but happy little girl.
And their faces are wet because while I was looking at
them through my camera lens they decided to stick their
faces all the way into the puddle. By the time I focused
the lens and saw what they were doing they had both
already had a nice drink of puddle water. Lovely. :)
I love watching them having so much fun.
Days like this seem to end too quickly.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like your girls were having a blast with the puddles. I had to laugh about what was happening while focusing for a picture... that has happened to me to where the kids get into trouble when I'm right there trying to take their picture.
I love the picture of Heidi close up that's in black and white and then color. She looks alot like you!

sethswifeforlife said...

drinking puddle water.....so they aren't totally girly girls! LOL!
They are sure adorable though and their smiles & eyes, I love 'em!

Kristin said...

You are getting some great and you have two precious girlies!

John Kennedy said...

Wow...too cute! Great pictures! Tell Heidi and Hallie I said hello! I can't wait to see you guys again for Thanksgiving! Take care!