The Christmas season really is one of my favorite times of year! I've always loved it, but having two little girlies makes it even more exciting!
I love their bright eyes and excitement as they see all the splendor and lights that come with this season!
We took them to see a beautiful live nativity show at 6flags. They were completely fascinated with seeing the true story of Christmas dramatically acted out with angels flying back and forth across the stage and live sheep, a donkey and camel! I was surprised that 6 flags acknowledges the Christian's perspective of Christmas.
Some sweet guy in the arcade room gave the girls each a 200 ticket pony in exchange for the 5 tickets they each had. They were surprised and excited since they hardly had enough for a little piece of candy. :)
The girls and I have been enjoying listening to Christmas music since last month!! We love our Christmas playlist! Some of our favorites this year have been Christmas Sizzle Boy by VeggieTales, Carol of the Bells, Little Drummer Boy, and All I Want for Christmas Is You!! :)
I put up our small tree at the end of the hall for the girls to get to decorate how they wanted. Hallie picked out this little snowman ornament.
And Heidi picked this little reindeer.
Then of course we added rainbow lights.

I've loved having our first real tree! It's our first Christmas in our house and the first time we've had room for a real tree. It smells SOOO amazing! I don't think I'll ever be able to use a fake one again. :)
Of course the girl's addition to the tree was the ballerina's and angels.
And Heidi picked this little reindeer.
Then of course we added rainbow lights.
I've loved having our first real tree! It's our first Christmas in our house and the first time we've had room for a real tree. It smells SOOO amazing! I don't think I'll ever be able to use a fake one again. :)
Of course the girl's addition to the tree was the ballerina's and angels. This is Heidi's blonde ballerina.

And Hallie's brunette ballerina.




I'm obsessed (as Micah tells me:)) with gift wrapping and spending LOTS of time on bows.
I do this mostly when the girls are in bed in the evening. I'll spend about an hour and tackle a few gifts.
The bows take up most of my time. :) But I think its fun, and I like using the gifts as decorations till Christmas. :)


The girl's little gingerbread house.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season! I'm hoping to do another post before Christmas... we'll see. :)

And Hallie's brunette ballerina.



I'm obsessed (as Micah tells me:)) with gift wrapping and spending LOTS of time on bows.
I do this mostly when the girls are in bed in the evening. I'll spend about an hour and tackle a few gifts.
The bows take up most of my time. :) But I think its fun, and I like using the gifts as decorations till Christmas. :)

The girl's little gingerbread house.
Hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas season! I'm hoping to do another post before Christmas... we'll see. :)
1 comment:
We went to the Live Nativity show at Six Flags the other night too, and we were also surprised to see how Christ was proclaimed and the REAL story shown there! That was really neat! Chandler especially loved it, as he's much more understanding this year of the whole story, and WHY we really celebrate!
LOVE your tree & decor. And YOU are an amazing gift wrapper & bow creator! Puts me to shame! I just finished wrapping last night, and even ran out of wrapping paper. :-(
See you soon!
Merry Christmas to some of my favorite Wakefields!
Post a Comment