Saturday, April 10, 2010

Open House~

So here's a tour of our house. Of course I didn't have time to do any of this till the girls are in bed, sooo... its dark. : / But you can still kind of see the house.
The front door... hmm, it's pretty dark.
The girls and I put in these flowers today. They are still both sick so it was a nice distraction. Hope they grow. I don't even know what kind of flowers they are. :)
Here's the front door and office area with Micah hard at work. :) And all his keyboard stuff is sitting out here since he's been practicing for church tomorrow.
Next room is the living room. Hmm... maybe I should have turned the lights on in here. I'm still wanting to hang more pictures up here above the entertainment center.
The living room, dining room and kitchen are all open to each other. You can kind of see that below. I'm thinking of putting a buffet on that side wall in the dining room. Heidi and I use the table there to do school so we would use the buffet for all of our school supplies. Hmmm... I don't know. Any suggestions? My other idea is to put a couch table behind the couch (the tall shallow ones) and use it to organize all of our supplies. Not sure what I'm going to do with that yet.
This one shows a little more of the kitchen.
Next is the play room. This was a porch that they completely closed in. Its adorable, I love it, and the girls are having so much fun playing in it. I love all the windows, it's fun to open them all up in the afternoons while the girls play.
So as you can see I could REALLY use some suggestions on this room. Because of the windows I can't really do much of any kind of shelf for the games/books etc. So I'm still trying to figure out how to organize this room. I don't like big toy chests. I just picture the lid falling on heads and fingers getting smashed and a big box of unorganized toys. It drives me crazy for all the toys to be mixed up in a big box. I know I'm nuts. :) I have to have the toys organized. This is all just temporarily stacked against walls till I decide what I want done in here. It's harder for the girls to help with cleaning up the way it is now. Heidi's a great organizer though so she's been a big help with keeping this room clean.
I'm thinking of trying some benches with cubbys to put under the windows. The down side to those is they actually don't have much storage space. It would help with some things... I don't know. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. The corners of the rooms aren't really wide enough for any shelves that I've found. And from the floor to the window is only about 20 inches.
Moving on... :) This is the master bedroom.
Kind of odd that there are double doors to go into the room. Not sure if I really like that, but I'm getting used to it.

and the master bath
And this is the girl's bathroom. My mom helped me with getting and setting up their bathroom. It was the first room that was completely set up in the house, and I love it! Thanks Mom!! :)
Got to frame some of those vacation pictures. YAY!! :)
Of course I had to tie the beach in some how! :)
So that's it for now. As I mentioned before the girls are asleep so I couldn't go take pictures of their rooms. :) I'll post some of them later.
We're enjoying the house so much! Crazy how much space I have now! :) I don't even know what to do with it all!

3 comments:

sethswifeforlife said...

Maybe for that porch/toy area, some different colored baskets/fabric boxes/buckets (we got some @ Target) or something? Sometimes you can even label them, books, dress-up, games, little ponies, or whatever. Or not label them and just have fun different colors. With baskets, there is not the danger of a top falling on fingers, and it's lightweight to move around. Anyway, I am no home decorator....I'm always looking for suggestions myself, but that's just an idea I had.
Your house looks great! I'm so happy for you guys.
See you Monday, hopefully!

McLanger said...

Love it! It's gorgeous:-) I'll bet you are loving it!
Same thing in the play room, just maybe the cloth baskets labeled, or even some laundry hampers in the corners for dress-up and such would be cute:-)

Unknown said...

Loved seeing pictures of your new house. I'm sure you are loving all that space! It looks great!