Somehow I put all of these in backwards. This is actually what we did last. So all of this was done in reverse order of this. :) Not that it matters I guess.
We visited the Washington plantation. That was cool. Micah wasn't that interested, but I really enjoyed it. This was the "Old Vault" where Washington was laid to rest till they finished the newer one that he had requested.
Which is this one here.
One of the Washington's carriages.
This room made me so grateful for my washing machine. Maybe not grateful enough to actually get all my laundry done, but it was something to think about for a few seconds. :) Hmm... my laundry hamper is over flowing right now. : / Yes, well, moving on...
The mansion.
I told Micah we needed more pictures with us in them so he snapped like 10 of me standing in this field. Thank you dear. :) This was actually the Washington's view in the backyard. It was beautiful, the lake was amazing.
We rented bikes and biked all over the city. That was fun. 
Jefferson Memorial.
Very cool building.
Random.
Ton's of bikers came in for memorial day. I loved how patriotic they were.
The Washington Memorial.
Obviously a fun place to take pictures.

These two are my favorites.
Me and the Wright brothers. They were so cute! :)
And the HIGHLIGHT of the trip!!!! :) SUSAN!!! I was so excited to see her. It's been YEARS.
Unfortunately we got so busy catching up that we forgot to take pictures till we were about ready to leave. Here are a few of her beautiful kiddos that I had never met before.
Ella above and Zanna and Josiah below. They were all so adorable. Their energy reminded me of my girls. Too bad they didn't get to all meet each other. Oh well, maybe someday.
3 comments:
That was so much fun being there with you :-)
Wow, you got some amazing pictures of the Washington monument and the flag... I love them.
It was so great seeing you too. I'm so glad it worked out. We'll have to do it again when all the kiddos can meet each other. :)
Looks like y'all had a good time. The biking around DC sounds like a really fun idea.
Great pictures of DC, and it was pretty funny scrolling down, and seeing my sister! Thanks for doing all this posting!
Post a Comment