Thursday, January 22, 2009

X-mas in FL.

Soo... here are all the pictures from our trip to FL.
I could write a post about what our trip to FL was
supposed to be like and it would be way more fun. :)
(Below is my poor sick little baby girl)
So the night before we were heading to Florida Heidi was
up coughing and coughing. That morning I took her to an 
urgent care center where they put her on some REALLY
strong stuff and said go ahead and take your trip she'll be fine, etc. etc.

So we got to Louisiana and spent the night with an elderly couple that
are friends of Micah's family. That night is when we all crashed.
Heidi was coughing so hard she was having difficulty breathing.
Hallie Kate was also coughing terribly. We were all so miserable
none of us slept hardly at all. I just knew we were keeping up
everyone in the house. The next morning they told me they didn't
hear a thing and had slept right through it. 
We spent the next morning in an urgent care center.
We had them check all of us after which we were told
we were all highly contagious. Heidi and Hallie had the
croup and I'm not sure what Micah and I had.
So then we spent several hours trying to find the
many prescriptions we were given. One Walgreens I went
in said the power had just gone out so they couldn't make
any sales in the pharmacy. Then it took a couple of other
stops to find a place that actually had all of our meds.
Finally after spending over half the day with doctors and
trying to get all our medications we had to decide what to do.
The girls were coughing pitifully and seemed miserable.
Our options seemed to wind down to going back home
and being depressed or driving on to the panhandle in FL
and getting a condo there till we felt better. We decided
on the later hoping that by Christmas we would be
better enough to drive on to Jacksonville and at
least be with family on Christmas day. 
Then came the sad part of calling everyone to explain
what happened and tell them we aren't coming. 
After repeating our story so many times and canceling
all the plans I just wanted to cry.
As Micah drove to FL. I was on the lap top searching
and making phone calls for a condo. 
The condo we stayed in was BEAUTIFUL.
The guy was so sweet after I shared our sob story to him
and gave us a great deal. :) 
We enjoyed looking out our huge window at the beautiful beach.
Although it was WAY too cold to go out on it.
We tried going out a few times, but each time the girls
would start coughing uncontrollably and we would
have to hurry back inside.
The weather was really cold, dreary and rainy.
We were grateful there was a Jacuzzi size
tub for the girls to spend a lot of time in.
Our apartment only has a shower so we
bought a big bottle of bubbles and
the girls LOVED having lots of baths.
Hallie playing "tika boo" in the cooler.
She mixes tickle with peak a boo to get
"tika boo" probably since she normally
gets tickled in that game too. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry y'all got sick! I'm glad you did atleast get to make to spend your Christmas with family. Looks like the girls were having a good time together. :)