Hallie Kate came into our world two weeks
past her due date on June 4th 2006 at 3:15 am.
brown eyed girl who oddly enough was born
with a little tooth up front. The tooth was so
loose we had to have it pulled right away so she
didn't inhale it. She started cutting her baby teeth
however by two months old. Now at two years old
she has all of her baby teeth (minus the one pulled
from the day she was born. She crawled at 6
months, walked at 9 months, then started
climbing on everything. She's so much fun
and loves her position in the family of keeping
everyone on their toes.
loves being tickled, and its so fun to
get her giggling.
I did as a baby, but she looks totally
Wakefield. Hallie takes after her Daddy
Hallie Kate. She never went through any
emotional changes from being an only child
when we brought Hallie Kate home from the
Hospital. The two are the best of friends one
minute and the worst of enemies the next.
when He did. His plans are so much better
than ours. We thought we wanted to wait
awhile after Heidi to have another but God
had other plans and we're so happy He did
because we can't imagine our family being
That is quite a change from last year when
she cried even to have to take a bath.
We were at a friends house recently and they
were in the pool. The pool has a huge step that
is designed for toddler's to play on. Hallie Kate
in her typical fashion kept playing right on the
edge of the step putting her foot over the side.
My friend suggested that I hold her hand and let
her walk over the edge so she could see how deep
it is and would realize that she couldn't stand there.
I held her hand, let her walk over the edge and
completely dunked her (quickly), she came up
spitting water out and laughing saying "gen, gen!!"
Hmm... didn't really work like we were thinking. :)
Hallie Kate was having a rough evening.
It was just one of those grocery store trips
where I wanted to hide behind something
and pretend I didn't know whose kids were
fussing and crying in the shopping cart...
get what we needed and leave. Micah decided
to take Heidi and go pick out some ice cream
(huge necessity I know:)) So I took Hallie with
me to the produce section to get some fruit and
veggies...
cart, supposed to be sitting, but mainly standing.
I put a cantaloupe in the cart and Hallie got all
excited about it saying "ball, ball". I was like, yeah
it's a ball, sit down and you can hold it, (you guys
can probably all see where this is going, but I've
never had a boy and didn't expect this from my
girlies:)). Hallie happily sat down holding the "ball".
remember what. When I turned back around I
saw Hallie standing at the edge of the cart with
the cantaloupe up over her head, still excitedly
saying "ball, ball" as she threw it with quite
some strength across the produce section floor.
I know she must have thought it was a game
because she continued to squeal excitedly the
whole time as I chased the cantaloupe that was
rolling across the floor. I could just feel everyone
watching me as I'm running after the cantaloupe
in front of carts trying to keep some dignity saying,
"excuse me, oh, excuse me". Thankfully I didn't go
under anyone's cart.
me on. I looked back and saw her excited little
face laughing as she clapped her chubby little
hands. Hmm... I'm sure I should have been a
good mother and corrected her, but all I could
do was laugh and leave the produce section as
quickly as I could. Hallie likes to find the fun
in everything most of the time this gets her
into trouble, but she likes to give it a try anyway.
look forward to seeing what God is going
to do in her life in the year to come!








6 comments:
Oh so you have those kinds of shopping trips too??? :) I recently left an entire cart of groceries, an hour's worth of shopping, in the store while dragging my screaming, kicking, yelling, 2 year old to the car and home and swearing I would never grocery shop with her again. :) I hope someone found the milk before it went bad. :) Your girlies are so adorable!!!!!
aw...your little girls are just so adorable! Hallie Kate sounds like a fireball! Boys are supposed to be like that but....so far...Danny is a very laid-back little guy. The only thing he does is give me a heart attack while at the park. He likes to try the highest slides, and climb the tallest ladders without my help. :-0 It freaks me out. Just watch my next one be the wild one. Haha!
Love, Morganne:-)
I had a very good laugh over the story of Hallie Kate, and the cantaloupe! She's so cute, and I can't wait to meet her later this year. I can't believe she's already two, and I haven't even got to see her yet : ( Love ya!
Hannah
Hallie Kate looks like such a sweet, happy girl. The story of the cantelope had me laughing. Sorry, but that is so funny. :) It's funny how those little heads work.
LOVE that little Hallie Kate! GIve her a kiss from Abby.
Can't wait to see her, it's been too long!
OH such a funny cantaloupe story!I can totally see it all!!
NON
Post a Comment