Sunday, January 27, 2008

New friends~

This is Heidi and her new friend Kelsey
It was so cute watching these two interact.
They both stood there and talked and talked but
didn't know why they couldn't understand each other.
Heidi kept telling Kelsey that she had a pink skirt.
Both of them kept looking at their
Mom's asking what the other one was saying.
After a minute or two they both forgot
they couldn't understand each other and
were happily playing together. Heidi
was disapointed when it was time to leave.
This is a little guy named Enrique who I have
known since he was a baby, running around in
a diaper or sometimes less! :) He's such an adorable
little guy. We met Enrique in May of 2000 when
we were building a Church in Nava. "Kique"
lives right next to the church so he always
liked to visit the job sites. I think his first words
were "dame pesos" which shortly after he learned
to say in English "give me money". Upon granting
his request you would always see him run into his
Aunts little store and come back out with some
candy insisting that you share it with him. None
of that part has changed in him very much either! :)
I always had a soft spot for Kique. He was always
the shabbiest dressed little urchin of them all! :)
and oh so sweet and rotten at the same time!
One time I went to a thrift stores before going
down to Mexico and bought bags and bags of clothes in
his size. I gave them to him just before I was starting
the Bible School one evening. He was so excited he went
straight home to give them to his mom. He came back
a little while later all cleaned up with his hair soaking wet,
combed, wearing some of his new clothes and shoes and a
huge smile on his face. What a cutie he is! I'll have to post
some of his baby pictures sometime.
Below is Heidi posing for a picture after giving
out another heater and food package.

No comments: